- Irish Wargaming Directory
- Competition Reports
- Recent posts
- News Archive
This will be a 400 or 650AP FOG event.
The theme will be "Swifter than Eagles", the FOG Biblical period.
More details to follow closer to the event.
Jeremy Dowd is the local UWS contact.
The full results for the UWS "Mounted Mayhem" FoG competition on 26 September are below:
1. Keith Branagh - Early Byzantine - 62
2. Robert Crawford - Indo Bactrian - 47*
3. John Lavery - Classical Indian - 43
4. Tim Snoddy - Christian Nubian - 34
5. David Taylor - Nikephorian Byzantine - 32
6. Tom Sheeran - Later Carthaginian - 31
7. David Brown - Saka - 29
8. Goerge Kingston - Sassanid Persian - 20
9. Daniel Taylor - Feudal Catalan - 16
10. Jeremy Nixon - Sarmatian - 1*
* - Only played 2 out of 3 games
John Lavery won the door prize of a set of undercoated 28mm! figures, kindly donated by Keith Branagh from his and Adam's new range.
David Brown won the Genghis Khan prize for the top scoring player who wasn't on the podium and who brought an army in the real spirit of the competition (i.e with only the minimum of infantry).
Thanks to all those who turned up.
UWS have decided on the usual three rounds, using "starter" armies only (600 points) from "Rise of Rome", PLUS the allowable lists shown on page 70 of the book AND the allowable lists for that theme from "Lost Scrolls".
starting at 10:00.
Armies will be 600 AP on 4'x3' tables using standard rules, except for terrain selection. Terrain will be pre-set with the player winning the initiative choosing the table side they wish to sit at. In general, terrain will be open with little, if any, rough or difficult going.
Location: St John's Church Hall, Castlereagh Road, Belfast
The UWS FoG Competition will be held on Saturday 26th September, starting at 10:00.
Armies will be 600 AP on 4'x3' tables using standard rules, except for terrain selection. Terrain will be pre-set with the player winning the initiative choosing the table side they wish to sit at. In general, terrain will be open with little, if any, rough or difficult going..
Armies from any of the published army list books will be acceptable.
From David Taylor:
The final results of the UWS Rise of Rome Competition, played using FoG400 rules, were as follows:
1. Darren Birt (Later Seleucid) - 64 pts
2. Seamus McKenna (Classical Indian) - 49 pts
3. Keith Brannagh (Later Seleucid) - 48 pts
4. David Brown (Parthian) - 42 pts
5. Michael Birt (Spartacus Revolt) - 36 pts
6. Tim Snoddy (Skythian) - 35 pts
7. Daniel Taylor (Late Republican Roman) - 32 pts
8. Andy Hart (Galatian) - 25 pts
9. Tom Sheeran (Later Carthaginian) - 15 pts
10. Alec McTurk (Gallic) - 14 pts
Tom Sheeran won the door prize.
3 x 400AP games with preset terrain
UWS Club, Belfast